Sunday 7 July 2013

Updo Accessories

Leaving in around two months for South East Asia, This hot weather we're having has got me thinking about hairstyles for hot weather. My hair goes flat and lifeless in heat and humidity and as a result its better if I style it in and updo for the day and set it with a lot of hairspray.  

I get a bit bored of putting it in a ponytail, plait or bun and not being very inventive or good with hair I've been looking at ways to accessorize simple hairstyles. 


Limited Edition Premium Burst Jewel Hair Brooch, £35 at ASOS




This hair clip from ASOS is a little bit pricey compared to similar pieces out there but it is beautiful and has that art-deco feel to it. It would look great in the evenings but is maybe a little too sparkly for everyday use.







Limited Edition Jewel Hair Brooch, £4 at ASOS

This hair brooch from ASOS is only £4 in the sale!! It looks very similar to the more expensive hair brooch above but a lot more justifiable to your purse! The quality doesn't look as good, as to be expected, but the price means you can wear it every day. I do prefer the more classic bun style worn with the first hair brooch but I guess you can wear them loads of different ways.



Scunci Tools Perfect Pony, £6 at Urban Oufitters



In all honesty I have no idea how this actually works but it looks interesting and I'm willing to try anything that could make my hair look thicker without having to pay loads for extensions.






So simple to incorporate with any hairstyle and useful for taming flyaways these will probably be my go-to hair accessory when I wake up late and end up pulling my hair back into a ponytail.








On a side note, has anyone else noticed most hair accessories are modelled by blondes?

No comments:

Post a Comment