Sunday 28 July 2013

Review: Kiko White French Manicure Pen


With all the bright nail varnishes around lately I've forgotten about the humble (and classic) French manicure. I was reminded when I walked into Kiko and looking at their nail varnishes I found their White French Manicure Pen. I bought one a few years ago when I was in Paris and thought it was great then but sadly lost it. So, picking one up I remembered how good it was and thought I'd do a review on it. 

I love a French manicure it just makes my nails look so fresh and I'll definitely be carrying on throughout the winter to go with the ladylike trend for A/W13. Whilst you can go to a salon to get it done properly it's easier than you think (and a lot cheaper!) to do it yourself.

So to create my manicure I did two base layers of O.P.I Nail Envy, a single layer of Nails Inc. Soho Silk, used the Kiko pen for the tips and a top coat of Nail Envy
.

Soho Silk is actually supposed to be a base coat but it has a nice creamy colour, not too pinky or peachy which makes it look really natural (I don't like to see ridiculously fake looking French manicured nails). 

The Kiko pen makes it so easy and quick to do the tips of your nails. I used to use the Bourjois French manicure white tip polish which was good but required a very steady hand and seemed to dry out quickly, going gooey and thick, and hard to apply. With the Kiko pen you simply click the top of the pen a couple of times and then draw onto your tips. My hands aren't that steady so I went kind of slow but being able to see exactly where I was drawing helped me to be neat with my nails.

I've found that without a top coat the pen can last around 3 days and with a (good) top coat up to 5 days, very respectable! 


The pen is £8.90 in store (in the UK only at Westfield Stratford and White City). Alternatively you can buy on the Kiko website for a discounted price of £6.70.

No comments:

Post a Comment