Tuesday 23 July 2013

Ready For A Rainy Day






With the British Summer you can guarantee any good weather isn't going to last very long and sure enough looking ahead to this weekend's weather forecast, it's going to rain, a lot. So being prepared as always I'm already planning rainy day outfits.

In summer when it rains I always go bare legged - skin dries quicker than material. Especially in the summer as it's still going to be warm when it's raining you need to keep cool. So I'm thinking a skater skirt and plain t shirt. Simple but you can still dress it up with accessories. This plain white tshirt from H&M is a steal at just £3.99 and this mint skater skirt from Topshop in mint will take you right into autumn (£34).



You need a bag that will keep everything dry on the inside and if it's leather make sure you spray it. I'm thinking this cute monochrome bag from Marks and Spencers (£29.50). A lot of people write off Marks and Sparks but you really can find some gems there that not many other people will have.





Last but not least, the most important piece of the puzzle: the umbrella. With so many pretty ones out there its hard to choose one. I must admit a small black one is my staple, it goes with everything! I got a lightweight one from Marks and Spencer and its lasted so long, even through ridiculously windy days. There are so many places you can pick up a pretty umbrella from for a good price; I've picked up some great Moschino ones from TK Maxx for about £20. Not too bad for a quality umbrella. At the minute I've got my eye on this £19 Birdcage Lily Fulton umbrella. The pattern is light enough for summer and being black will go with all your summer outfits. And you can see where you're walking. I think with larger walking umbrellas they can be an accessory and make your outfit, as well as keeping you a bit drier.
As always it's worth bearing in mind you get what you pay for. You could pick up an umbrella from Primark on the cheap but in one season you could go through 2 or 3 poorer quality when you could pick up one better quality umbrella for the same price you'd pay for 3. It's a false economy.

What do you turn to on rainy days? Do you plan ahead or just go with it? Let me know in the comments below!

No comments:

Post a Comment